German Farmer's Bread
RYE SOURDOUGH "BAUERNBROT"
- This bread hasn't changed in centuries. Baked with natural slow-process fermented rye sourdough. Packed with fiber and protein. Just look at the clean & short ingredient list. This is pure, all-natural bread at its best
- Rye (39%) sourdough. No caraway taste, no seeds
- 85% par-baked. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes for crunchy fresh taste
- 5g protein and 6g fiber per slice. No cholesterol, low fat/sugar
- Weight 18 oz (1.1 lbs)
- Baked in Germany
- No additives, non GMO
- Ships uncooled. Sourdough's acid keeps bread fresh during transit. Freeze upon receipt for optimal shelf life
- Free Shipping for orders above $66. More details here
Like from the "old" country
I am from Austria, I was brought up with bread like the German Farmers Bread. I have tried various kinds of Bread here and there, thinking they might be like the ones I knew, but NO, until I came across Bread Village, just by chance. I tried the German Farmers Bread and I am totally hooked now on it. It is like being at home in Austria. It just tastes like the ones I grew up with. It is just like old times.
Every time I make big pot of soup, my husband's first question is: "Are we going to have some of that good German bread?" He smiles from ear to ear when I say, "Yes!" He had often told me how delicious the bread was when he lived in Germany for a year before I had met him. Now I finally know what he was talking about and why it had made such an impression on him. It is ever-so-hard to stop eating! Just writing about it now makes my mouth water. Delicious!
The Kaiser rolls are really good. The bread is soft even after a short bake in the oven. Tastes fresh like I just baked it myself.
This is the real bread I have been looking for. Delicious, satisfying and nutritious.